Making Your Smile Whole Again
If you suffer from cracked, broken, or damaged teeth, we have a solution. In most cases, we can fully restore your tooth using a natural-looking dental crown.
A crown is a porcelain cap that’s placed over your natural tooth to protect it from further damage. It’s custom-made to match the shape, color, and size of surrounding teeth so it blends in with your smile.
Reasons to Get a Dental Crown
Dental crowns can be used for a variety of reasons:
- Restore a tooth that’s severely damaged by decay – When a cavity is really large, a regular filling isn’t strong enough to restore it to full function.
- Secure a dental bridge – A dental bridge that replaces one or more missing teeth can be secured in place with two or more dental crowns.
- Protect a damaged tooth – When a tooth is cracked or broke, it’s more susceptible to decay. A crown will protect it from further harm.
- Restore the look of a tooth – Crowns can be used to rehabilitate small, worn down, or severely stained teeth.
- Restore a tooth after root canal therapy – Following this procedure to rehabilitate an infected tooth, a crown will restore the tooth’s shape and protect it from infection.
It’s Easy to Get a Dental Crown
If you’re looking to restore, protect, or change the appearance of a tooth, Dr. Gioia may elect to treat it with a dental crown. He’ll use advanced diagnostic tools to help determine the right course of treatment for your smile.
During the procedure, the tooth that’s receiving the crown will be reshaped so the crown will fit snugly on top of it. Once the tooth is prepared, we’ll attach the crown using special dental adhesive.
Dr. Gioia will numb the area with novocaine, so you won’t feel any pain. To make sure you’re totally comfortable during the procedure, Dr. Gioia also offers sedation dentistry to relieve any anxiety you might be feeling.
Restoring Smiles in Phoenix, AZ
Crowns can last up to 15 years or longer when properly cared for. That means brushing and flossing every day and having regular checkups twice a year with Dr. Gioia.
If you’re unhappy with the way your smile looks and feels for any reason, Dr. Gioia has a treatment for you. Call (602) 864-1984 today to learn more about our dental implants, professional teeth whitening, and other types of restorative care.